Please find attached the resume of Mr. Matthew Revel, Auburn Forestry graduate, who has “experience in the forestry side of water management, but would like to pivot to more of a urban or urban/rural interface side of water management.” Please contact him if you wish to discuss an available position or forward his resume if you know of an opportunity.
May 22, 2017
RE: Financial Position
To Whom It May Concern:
The intent of this letter is to express an interest in above position within your organization. Currently in the market to find a ‘forever home’ career with a stable company within the BEPA organization.
The following resume notes a degreed accounting professional with twenty-five years of experience in management, accounting, development and implementation of software systems, financial budgeting & forecasting, internal auditing, financial analysis, financial statement preparation, Sarbanes Oxley, and GAAP requirements. I am looking for a challenging position within a company to assist in promoting it’s the growth and profitability.
The opportunity to discuss a possible opportunity and its responsibilities would be a pleasure. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kimberly A. Staab
3418 Indian Lake Trail
Pelham, AL 35124
Cell Phone: 205-276-2398
Amanda Bosserman is starting school at Samford for Environmental Management soon and is looking for a job in the Birmingham area.
Lawson State Community College was awarded an Environmental Workforce Development Job Training Grant. The first class will graduate on May 30, 2017. There will be a Job Fair and a chance to interview the graduates at 9:00 am on the Bessemer Campus of Lawson State. Please share this information with BEPA members to see if they would like to participate in the Job Fair. Please see the attached flyer. If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-540-2806.
Please see attachment and contact info below for more information on this position at Action Environmental.
Director of Health and Safety
Description: Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
Business Unit: Environmental
Reports to: Director of Health and Safety
The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (EHS) will provide EHS support to employees and management at the assigned branch and field operations, promote a positive safety culture to operations and employees, implement and manage corporate health & safety programs, and promote continuous safety awareness and improvement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide safety support in promoting safety awareness and safe work practices in an effort to achieve a safety culture with zero incidents and maintain regulatory compliance
- Understands and is knowledgeable in applicable EPA, OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations
- Assists in development and implementation of EHS procedures, policies, and guidelines
- Conducts inspections and audits, as required to ensure compliance with Company Policies and regulatory compliance
- Assists in mitigation of identified hazardous conditions and/or unsafe acts with employee’s and management
- Participates in incident investigations and assists with development of corrective actions, and completion of reports as required
- Assists in case management of Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Manages incident statistics for assigned Branch’s
- Assist with development and review of site work plans and safety plans as requested
- Ability to represent Company during regulatory inspections, audits, and meetings
- Preparation of reports as requested by Management
- Conducts training as requested by Management
- Manages employee EHS training programs
- Attends operations meetings to review concerns and issues as requested
- Responds in timely fashion to emergency response, and other incidents. Provides EHS support at these incidents
- Manages air monitoring and exposure assessment programs for employees as identified
- Participates in Health & Safety Committee Meetings
- Additional duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School education or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Occupational Safety & Health preferred
- 3-5 years’ health and safety experience
- Comprehensive understanding of EPA, OSHA, DOT, and MSHA regulations
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Successful experience in training HAZWOPER & OSHA 501/511 certification preferred
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Sometimes requires sitting, standing, walking, puling and/or pushing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
- Ability to lift > 25 pounds,
- Ability to obtain Medical & Respirator Clearance
Spectrum Environmental, Inc. is a professional environmental consulting firm located in Alabaster, Alabama. Spectrum is seeking to hire an entry level Stormwater Technician.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducting inspections and sampling events at construction and industrial stormwater sites,
- Soil and/or groundwater sampling;
- Preparation of inspection reports
- NPDES Permit applications
- Preparation of industrial and construction best management practices plans;
- Project/task management
- Soil and/or groundwater sampling
- Other duties which may arise from time to time.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- A degree in Environmental Science or related field or similar field of study.
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, concise and organized manner.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and motivational communications skills.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Windows and MS-Office products (Excel, Word, and Power Point), as well as other common computer applications.
Spectrum offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Interested applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com. The successful candidate must be able to pass a motor vehicle and background check as well as pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Please click on the CHMM Review Course (PDF) – June 13-15 2017 below to find out more about the Course. Attendees are needed so if you wish to take the class, please enroll.
From Robert Tomlinson of ATN:
It is all about helping Environmental Professionals to achieve more credibility and confidence through an internationally recognized credential, the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)! We appreciate any help you can give us to add some more participants.
Thanks so much!