September 28, 2018
2101 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham
Register at www.albfa.org
“I am a highly motivated and hardworking individual, who has recently completed and received a certificate for the Annual Environmental & Occupational Safety & Health program through the Deep South Center. My knowledge has increased for recognizing environmental and occupational hazards from the workplace that may affect the well-being of others. I will be graduating from the University of Montevallo in May 2019 with a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Studies and a minor in Sociology. In the Fall of 2019 I plan to attend the University of Alabama at Birmingham two-year master’s program in Public Health for Industrial Hygiene. I am seeking an internship to enhance my skills and knowledge in this field of study. My eventual career goal is to become a fully-qualified and experienced Industrial Hygienist.”
The conference is an excellent opportunity for real estate professionals, regulators, local community representatives, attorneys, and consultants to network with players in the brownfield network.
Space is going fast. Register by clicking below. Registration at the private and government rates includes a complimentary one-year membership in the Alabama Brownfields Association.
There are still some hotel rooms available at the conference rate for certain nights. Click here for the latest lodging update.
A few sponsor and exhibitor slots remain. Join the sponsors listed below by clicking here.
Founded in 1818, Bunge is a leading agribusiness and food company with integrated operations that circle the globe, stretching from the farm field to the retail shelf. Bunge has 35,000 plus employees at more than 400 facilities in 40 countries.
Bunge’s North American operations supply raw and processed agricultural commodities and specialized food ingredients to a wide range of customers in the animal feed, food processor, foodservice and bakery industries. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Bunge North America and its subsidiaries operate grain elevators, oilseed processing plants, edible oil refineries and packaging facilities, and corn, wheat and rice mills in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
- Become thoroughly familiar and understand all Bunge and Decatur, AL safety policies and procedures.
- Verifies employees, visitors and contractors are in compliance with the various safety regulations and Company policies for the plant.
- Communicates safety issues, concerns & policy changes to all plant personnel
- Provides documentation and oversight in site-specific regulatory programs including but not limited to those deemed necessary by OSHA, EPA, or other Federal, State, or local regulatory agency
- Conduct regulatory training for facility personnel, visitors and contractors.
- Promotes safety awareness and accident prevention.
- Understands facility operations and conducts regular inspections to ensure safety compliance
- Responsible for the collecting, maintaining and organizing regulatory records
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Conduct safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies.
- Assist management with accident investigations to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Maintain and update emergency response plans and procedures.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Develop and lead our Health and Wellness strategy that drives a culture of health
- Act as site-lead and ensure site representation and implementation on corporate Health and Wellness projects
- Ensure that the facility goal of no injuries is pursued by all employees
- Ensure Plant is compliant with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Strive for continuous improvement that optimizes costs and efficiencies
- Demonstrate the following core values and guiding behaviors which are expected of all employees at Bunge North America: Integrity, Openness and Trust, Teamwork, Citizenship, and Entrepreneurship
- Has the responsibility to report all food safety and quality issues to persons having authority to get issues resolved.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor”s degree in Safety discipline or 3 to 5 years of applicable experience.
- Knowledge of safety issues and interpretation of related regulations.
- Experience in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Emergency Response Management, and environmental regulations
- Ability to use computers with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to resolve complex issues
- Candidate must be friendly, collaborative, intelligent and hard working.
- Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
- Climbing stairs and ladders
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Entering and working in confined spaces
- Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
- Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Birmingham City Council has approved a six-month, $75,000 agreement with the Alabama Environmental Council (AEC) where AEC will provide “facilities for collection of certain materials for recycling and (assist) with the collection of materials for recycling.” But AEC still needs your help to continue and expand glass recycling in Birmingham!
“We are so grateful for the support we are receiving from Birmingham’s Mayor Randall Woodfin and the The Birmingham City Council,” said AEC Executive Director Felicia Buck. “The $75,000.00 will help cover about half of what we are losing right now from low recyclable material rebates due to China’s contamination rate law . With city funding, we will be able to continue providing the Birmingham Community Recycling Center as a service to our communities.”
It is very important for AEC to continue receiving support via donations, so that they may work towards resolving the glass recycling issues and help the city progress towards a cleaner and healthy environment.
Here are some recent environmental successes and progress made by AEC:
- In June, the Birmingham Business Journal honored AEC as a finalist for Top Nonprofits in Birmingham.
- Felicia has been invited by the International World Games Association to be on the Sustainability Committee for the World Games coming to Birmingham in 2021!
- AEC is working with the City as a close partner developing a plan for sustainability efforts city-wide.
Glass Recycling Setbacks and Needs
Pulverizing wet glass clogs up the internal mechanics of the pulverizing machine. AEC desperately needs access to a front end loader for 7-8 weeks to be able to send the current accumulated glass to Strategic Materials in GA. They also need an open sides/metal roof structure to cover the pulverizing machine and the glass bunkers, to keep it all dry for pulverizing.
AEC is recruiting Alabama businesses to join us as Business Partners. There are many mutual benefits to supporting AEC—Alabama’s oldest state-based environmental education organization—as they embark on their 51st year in their mission to preserve, protect and promote a healthy Alabama for a sustainable future.
Become a business partner today! Email Felicia Buck or call her cell at 205-213-6501.
AEC wishes to thank Advanced Disposal for providing a roll off dumpster + service for a clean up day they just held at the Birmingham Community Recycle Center.
McWane Ductile – New Jersey
Date Posted: July 16, 2018
Job Title: Health and Safety Manager (PDF)
Employment: Full Time (Min 40 hours)
Position Reports to: General Manager
Shift: Days & as needed
Under the direction of the General Manager, establishes and maintains a collaborative safety culture and monitors the facility manufacturing activities in accordance with safety specifications and OSHA requirements. Develop, coordinate and implement safety cost effective programs in the area of risk management, health and training requirements. Ensure all safety incidents are investigated, well-documented and actions are put in place to eliminate any further incidents from occurring.
- Assures compliance with OSHA and State Safety Regulations, as well as Corporate and Divisional Safety Policies. Compliance includes facilities, performance, and procedural issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintain records and reports required by the Occupational Safety and Health Act and other regulatory requirements. Compiles and submits accident reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for analyzing departmental costs versus budgeted amounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for Worker’s Compensation cost control program, and Worker’s Compensation case management. Oversees the administration of the workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time.
- Responsible for oversight of plant health services including supervision of plant first aid, medical, wellness programs, plant hearing/conservation/annual audiometric testing, respiratory protection programs and other plant health services activities. Responsible for oversight of pre-employment physicals, return to work programs, drug testing and other health services activity supported by external contracted health services.
- Responsible for analyzing equipment installation efforts and recommending safety improvements.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Plans, implements and maintains programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices such as, but not limited to Haz Com, emergency procedures, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials. Supervision of Safety Orientations for New Employees
- Prepares analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented. Responsible for oversight of Plant Asbestos Program.
- Provides information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to mitigate hazardous conditions when they cannot be eliminated.
- Leads the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Prepares and arranges safety exhibits and material for display, promotional work, industry conferences, and exhibitions.
- Represents the organization in community or industry safety groups and programs.
- Update and maintain WEB based documents per Corporate requirements including Medgate, Pure Safety and SharePoint. Reports on KPI’s to local & Corporate Management. Maintains safety files and records.
- BA/BS in Occupational Safety or equivalent; or 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Must have experience and knowledge of all OSHA regulations and standards
- Able to comprehend verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Capable of functioning in a rapid paced environment and able to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving
- Able to prioritize work and meet project deadlines
- Constant interaction with employees at all levels and departments
- Contact w/ corp. representatives, legal counsel and Safety Department Staff
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
McWane is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status (In IL – sex, including same sex, ancestry, order of protection status, physical or mental disability, military status, pregnancy, unfavorable discharge status, genetic information), (In IA – gender identity), (In CA – gender identity or expression, and genetic information) or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
To be considered, interested employees must submit a completed Salaried Job Interest Form along with a resume showing relevant experience and/or education to Ted Raftas Ted.Raftas@mcwaneductile.com in Human Resources by close of business on Friday, July 27, 2018. This position is also being posted externally.
***SALARY RANGE: UP TO $95K
***TARGET BONUS: 10%
***LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN***
***COMPANY WILL PROVIDE RELOCATION EXPENSES***
***VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE***
INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROCEED
- Our client will not allow us to reveal their name or exact location without a qualifying resume
- If you are interested in this position please let us know by email
- If you send a resume we will contact you within 3 business days if we think you are a good match for the position
- We personally reply to all email responses/questions with a phone call or email (no auto-reply emails)
- Feel free to forward this email to anyone
- Please consider sharing your personal email address if we are currently contacting your work email
- BS/BA degree
- Lead company EH&S programs
- Establish and maintain a strong environmental & safety culture
- Comply with local, state and federal EH&S regulations
- Develop a long-term plan for the EH&S function
- Drive a culture of safety to reduce injuries and accidents
- Proven Safety Process Management implementation
COMPANY INFORMATION (OUR CLIENT)
- 1,000+ total company employees
- Company is in the Manufacturing industry
Please email with questions or call our lead recruiter Bill at 619-370-6210. We will not be able to provide additional details about the position until we receive your resume:
Follow Mulvey International Executive Search and Recruiting to receive job alerts: