Job no: 510780
Work type: Regular Full-time (Benefits eligible)
Categories: Administrative / Professional
Pay Grade/Pay Range: 57 Monthly (exempt): – Minimum – $ 34424.04 Midpoint – $ 50252.76
Department/Organization: 209502 – Environmental Programs
Normal Work Schedule:Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00pm
Job Summary: The Environmental Analyst is responsible for performing technical field tests, surveys, inspections, and environmental monitoring services.
Additional Department Summary: This position will work under the general supervision of the Manager, Environmental Consultation. This position performs technical field tests, surveys, inspections, and environmental monitoring services, and trains and supervises student workers when they perform the same activities. This position provides direct technical field assistance to the UA SafeState staff.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, geology, chemistry, biology, engineering technology, or industrial hygiene and one (1) year of environmental engineering, environmental health, public health, or industrial hygiene experience; OR Master’s degree in environmental sciences, geology, chemistry, biology, engineering technology, or industrial hygiene.
Additional Required Department Minimum Qualifications: This position is required to travel, including overnight and weekends. Must have valid U.S. driver’s license. Must be at least 21 years of age at time of hire and have an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report as determined by the insurance carrier.
Skills and Knowledge: This position must be able to prepare field inspection reports and understand record keeping requirements.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred qualifications include 1) Experience performing X-ray fluorescence testing for lead in painted surfaces. 2) Experience and familiarity with EPA and HUD sampling protocols related to sampling for lead in dust and soil. 3) Familiarity with EPA, AHERA, ASHARA, and NESHAPS regulations. 4) Familiarity with EPA, OSHA and/or NIOSH analytical methods. 5) Computer experience involving inputting of analytical data and laboratory database management.
Background Investigation Statement: Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and information obtained from social media and other internet sources. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. A candidate with a prior conviction or negative behavioral red flags will receive an individualized review of the prior conviction or negative behavioral red flags before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Alabama is an Equal Employment/Equal Educational Opportunity Institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment or volunteer status without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, genetic or family medical history information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, and will not be discriminated against because of their protected status. Applicants and employees of this institution are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases. Follow the link below to find out more. “EEO is the Law” Poster
Senior Engineering, Regulatory Compliance, and Project Manager that consistently demonstrates leadership, innovation, and regulatory expertise.
My principal duty is the technical management of BSEE’s workover engineering team. I routinely engage with industry and environmental advocates, helping to mold policy that strikes a fair deal between often highly contentious interests. A myriad of experience in petroleum and environmental compliance demonstrates my professional adaptability and willingness to assimilate new disciplines.
KATHERINE GRAY HOLMES
529 Durham Drive
Birmingham, AL 35209
Objective: To contribute in meaningful ways as part of a mission-driven team working to preserve the environment.
Software Support Technician, NationBuilder, Washington, D.C. (June 2018 – April 2019)
- Guided customers to the full potential of our CMS software for their political and advocacy campaigns
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting, customizing software setup to meet customers’ needs
- Created, edited, and published content for NationBuilder’s website and support documentation
- Investigated and resolved urgent technical issues across company databases
Stewardship Intern, Sierra Club, College Park, Maryland (June – August 2017)
- Aided professional staff in the field and the office to further the organization’s conservation objectives
- Developed content for social media campaigns and the internal directory database
- Coordinated and promoted participation at invasive plant removal sites
Server, The Board and Brew, College Park, Maryland (May 2016 – November 2017)
- Honed my multitasking and customer service skills for a busy restaurant near campus
- Provided excellent customer service under pressure, serving up to 15 tables at a time
- Assisted with day-to-day business operations
- Created content and campaigns for social media
Counselor, Camp Summerset, Chevy Chase, Maryland
(Counselor in Training 2011; Counselor 2012 – 2013, Office Management 2014 – 2015)
- Spent summers assisting professional staff and leading programs at day camp for 100+ children
- Assisted in management of projects and activities
- Managed front desk and provided first aid
Intern, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Office of National Marine Sanctuaries, Silver Spring, Maryland (September 2013 – May 2014)
- Aided the staff in a variety of roles in a federal agency office dedicated to protection of ocean life
- Created content including writing, editing, and photography for NOAA publication
- Provided special events assistance
- Developed and executed social media campaigns
University of Maryland, College Park
B.S. Environmental Science and Policy May 2018
- College Park Scholars with concentration in Environment, Technology and Economy
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, R, ArcGIS, pgAdmin, Audacity
- Conversational written and spoken Spanish
- Proficient in photography and image editing, Photoshop
- Adaptability and multitasking
- Adept at teambuilding and conflict resolution
References Available Upon Request
We now have a date for the evening BEPA Social. Betts Environmental has reserved space at Good People for the group.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
Good People Brewery
5:30 – 7:30 pm
Careful with the Snake Handler, ladies and gents!
For everyone’s information. Betts was able to get the space a Good People at no charge. He said that Cahaba wanted $1,000 to use a portion of the main taproom. Back 40 wanted $10,000 for use of their space. Drink more Good People.
Not sure if I told everyone that Randy Dalton is planning on June 13, 2020 for the picnic. I had a brief conversation with Roald at the January meeting but will follow up again to verify the Turkey Creek will be available for us.
John Milledge, J.D., P.G.
Senior Client Development Specialist
Terracon provides environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials consulting engineering services delivered with responsiveness, resourcefulness, and reliability.
Alabama Dynamics Company is in Calera, Alabama.
The Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer will partner with our current Operations, Maintenance, Technical, Reliability, and Engineering teams to strengthen our existing environmental and safety program and culture to minimize the risk of work-related injuries/illnesses and impact to the environment. This person will be responsible for developing, implementing, and continually improving our environmental, health and safety compliance programs and systems to ensure employee/facility safety and environmental compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and support short and long-term safety and health targets and strategies.
- Develop internal capabilities for employees understanding of hazards, risks and mitigations.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations, as well as company specific safety and health requirements.
- Conduct work site inspections and maintain an active presence in the plant.
- Conduct detailed risk assessments.
- Develop cost effective and functional solutions for safety and health issues.
- Identify and correct potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery, and safety equipment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various industrial control mechanisms.
- Review plans and specifications for new equipment and projects to ensure they meet safety requirements and minimize risks.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Facilitate incident investigations to determine causes and corrective actions.
- Collaborate with all levels of engineering, quality, operations, reliability, maintenance and leadership to accomplish safety goals and ensure alignment.
- Coordinate and oversee contractor safety management.
- Develop, improve, and implement safety training programs including new hire and contractor orientation programs.
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene (IH) sampling (ie- noise, ventilation, ergonomic)
- Provide periodic after-hours safety support in an on-call safety role.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Develop compliance strategy(s) to meet regulatory requirements
- Assesses the environmental risk of activities and advises team members of environmental impact.
- Review all applicable environmental permits and exemptions in the regulatory areas assigned (e.g. air quality, waste water, Stormwater, solid waste, etc.) to ensure that all anticipated environmental related activities are in compliance with existing permits.
- Familiar with Method 9 visible emission observations.
- Knowledge of storm water sampling protocol in accordance with EPA standards.
- Knowledge of RCRA Hazardous Waste and DOT Hazardous Waste Manifest Rules.
- Able to calculate material composition calculations for EPCRA reporting.
- Remain current on all training requirements (applicable safety, RCRA, DOT, SPCC, SWPPP, etc.).
- Development or revision of required compliance plans (SPCC, SWPPP, Solid Waste, Air, etc.)
- Provide environmental training to team members as directed by environmental management system
- Working knowledge of the Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Develop or revise environmental work instructions as needed.
- Input environmental data and information into corporate-mandated software systems
- Management of compliance tracking and alert software systems.
- Ensure that all environmental records, information and reports required for regulatory compliance or per Company policy are maintained and completed as needed and on a timely basis and that all records and information are properly safeguarded
- Equivalent Education Required – B.S. degree in Environmental Science, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science/engineering discipline is preferred.
- Experience Required – 1 to 5 years in manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge Required – Working knowledge of EPA/DOT/OSHA and related standards and regulations. Certification a plus. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to work well and efficiently with a wide variety of people