|Job Title: Energy & Sustainability Manager
Business Unit: GCS – GES
|Reports To: GWS Division Director|
Implementation of Client’s energy and utility management program to reduce energy costs and carbon emissions by reducing energy consumption and supporting Client’s deregulated energy procurement process. Position may include but not be limited to identification, evaluation and implementation of new technologies, optimizing operating and maintenance processes, managing utility budget, identifying and submitting rebate and tax incentives, managing energy related projects, conducting energy awareness and education programs
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of assigned programs on time, within budget and in accordance with the client’s expectations.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing capital and operational energy reduction opportunities, projects and programs for cost savings and energy reduction
- Support Client energy procurement and implementation of new technologies, including renewable energy solutions
- Develop, communicate and implement innovative energy efficiency strategies and standards
- Prepare Statement of Work (SOW) and business cases for energy projects
- Develop, track and manage project expenditures and budgets
- Validate and report savings measurement and verification (M&V) for energy initiatives
- Develops and implements energy training programs, including employee energy education and awareness programs
- Review, validate and correct energy cost/consumption reports.
- Assist with commissioning, re-commissioning and continuous commissioning of equipment
- Assist with establishing, monitoring and reporting progress of energy goals and objectives
- Support water efficiency standards
- As directed, develop and present energy and sustainability status and variance reports and monitor and report on energy use, water use, waste diversion rates and spending trends
- Communicate past, present and future energy plans and performance through formal presentations to account team
- Set work unit and/or project deadlines through understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve desired results
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively present information
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customer and respond effectively to sensitive issues
- Exhibit advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles in conducting financial analysis
- Comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents using advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Understand and apply weather and other factors required to normalize energy consumption trends, patterns and associated reports
- Manages internal and external relationships in support of CBRE account team, client and vendor personnel.
- Understands and utilizes GES resources as required to ensure program success.
- Makes presentations to client management team on program design, status and results.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Understanding of the deregulated energy procurement processes, utility rate analysis and special utility contracts.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated expertise with mechanical, HVAC and electrical building systems, building automation systems, load profile programs, lighting control systems, performance analytics, occupancy sensing, intelligent building systems and associated engineering calculations and studies, energy project implementation and Energy Star Portfolio Manager
- Problem solving ability in implementation of energy auditing, energy conservation projects, recommissioning and M&V
- Strong quantitative, program management and budget management skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service; needs to have excellent interpersonal skills as well as be detail oriented; strong leadership/management, verbal and written communication, negotiating and presentation skills
Supervises staff and provides leadership to program teams. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company’s values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Excellent analytical skills required and proficiency with Excel.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering from four-year college or university preferred. A minimum of five years of directly related experience and/or training.
Certificates and/or Licenses
Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation
LEED certification a plus
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret business documents. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to write reports and manuals. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to analyze business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
Other skills and/or abilities
Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet.
Working knowledge and understanding of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems.
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results.
Environmental Science Adjunct Instructor, University of Montevallo
University of Montevallo is looking for instructors for our Environmental Science general education course.
This course uses scientific principles to explore the interdisciplinary study of socio-ecological systems. Students develop a knowledge base of our biological and physical environment, leading to an exploration of human interactions with the environment. Using lectures, laboratory exercises, and fieldwork, students learn to understand environmental issues and make informed choices regarding environmental dilemmas. Topics include earth and biological systems, population dynamics, land and water use, energy resources, pollution, and global change.
The course meets for lecture 2.5 hours per week for 16 weeks per semester (which can be broken into 1, 2, or 3 days per week), with an additional weekly 2-hour lab section that will ideally be taught during daylight hours, as the labs are often outside. Minimum qualifications include a Master’s Degree in Environmental Science or a related field. We are seeking instructors for Fall of 2018, and we would prefer to get a commitment in January/February of 2018, as we decide on course offerings for the Fall at that time. Interested individuals should submit their CV at https://jobs.montevallo.edu/pools/2881 and email Dr. Susan Caplow at email@example.com.
ABOUT COMMERCIAL METALS COMPANY:
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) is a Fortune 500 enterprise whose vertical integration model revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today. We are a global metals recycling, manufacturing, fabricating, and trading steel company. Originating in 1915 with a single recycling location, we have progressively moved into higher value downstream segments of the steel value chain. With corporate headquarters in Irving, Texas, centrally located in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex, we operate in four primary business segments (Recycling, Mills, Fabrication and Trading) at over 200 locations and in more than 20 countries.
People are the key to our success. We are a global company committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing an environment where our employees can succeed, improving our communities and creating value for our investors.
POSITION TITLE: Environmental Technician
REPORTS TO: Environmental Manager, East Region
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking an Environmental Technician to support plant operations by providing environmental compliance support and oversight to its steel and recycling related facilities in the Southeastern USA.
Position Title: Executive Director, Red Mountain Park
Pay Grade: Salaried
Reports to: Red Mountain Park Commission
Effective Date: July 2017
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to
RMPExec@thechalkergroup.com with the subject,
“RMP E.D. Applicant.”
Accomplished environmental health and safety manager with a proven record of reducing workplace recordable injuries and workers compensation claims through employee education, training and involvement, including periodic employee monitoring (hearing and exposure). Ensured compliance with various federal and state regulatory agencies. Promoted environmental stewardship by implementing and enforcing various environmental programs; BMP, Spill response, vehicle maintenance, container labeling, handling and storage, National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), Leak Detection And Repair (LDAR), Periodic environmental monitoring,
- Hazard analysis
- Required job specific training
- Accident investigations
- Workers compensation claims
- Employee incentive and motivation
- Regulatory Inspections (ADEM/EPA, OSHA and DOT)
April 4th, 2018
Wynfrey Hotel, Birmingham, AL
Presented by Beacon Programs
Montrose Air Quality Services (MAQS) is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, a vibrant young company started in 2012, now just shy of 1000 employees in approximately 40 offices around the country. Our employees describe us as very fast, very flexible and lots of fun.
MAQS provides air quality testing, leak detection and repair services, and consulting services. Regulations drive the need for our services but our unique capabilities allow us to add value (e.g., new streams of income) to clients beyond environmental compliance. For our families and communities, we strive to protect the air they breathe, the water they drink and the soil on which they live.
This individual will primarily focus on assisting Project Managers and other Field Technicians in all aspects of testing projects. They will be required to work at elevated heights and will be consistently exposed to work in outdoor weather conditions.